Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where are the voters?

I stopped by two voting places today in Berks County and there was not a single person in line at either polling site. (No, I wasn't trying to vote twice. The second site was a library that I frequent.)

Not only could I not find any voters, but there was only one candidate outside the first polling site handing out literature and no candidates at the second location.

The chairmen of the Democratic and Republican parties in Berks were quoted in a newspaper last week expecting a high turnout. Not sure what they were smoking. I think this will be one of the lowest turnouts in primary history in Pennsylvania.

I have a theory about the dismal turnout. So many people are disgusted with the way last November's election turned out that they are soured on voting. Not just the Republicans who supported McCain, but a lot of people who voted for Obama are feeling like they were scammed by the "hope and change" candidate.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home